Support for older people
The Older Persons Support Alliance is a partnership service led by Alliance Living Support. We support older people - and people with memory loss of any age - to continue to live independently and safely in their own homes. Together with our partners, we're able to offer a wide range of high quality housing support services throughout North Somerset.
Watch the video below and hear from Sonia about how The Older Persons Support Alliance helped her.
Our support workers can help you to:
- Make informed choices about your housing situation
- Settle successfully into a new home - for example arranging removals, finding furniture and essential household items, setting up utility accounts
- Develop skills so you can manage safely in your home
- Claim the welfare benefits that you are entitled to
- Access aids and adaptations for your home
- Access health and social services, and other specialist agencies
- Deal with financial problems such as rent arrears or other debt
- Find advice and help on accessing volunteering, educations and training opportunities
We deliver this service in partnership with:
- Rethink Mental Illness
- Age UK Somerset
The Support Alliance service is funded by North Somerset Council