Buying a home from Alliance Homes
Buying a home is a big commitment, so it’s important to make sure you are buying in a fair, professional and informative way. This does not stop when the keys are handed over; our Sales Team will be on hand to support you into your new home. When you buy a property from Alliance Homes, we want you to have an enjoyable and hassle free experience.
Shared Ownership-What does it mean?
The Government introduced the Help to Buy scheme, which offers you the opportunity to part rent and part buy your home. You can purchase between 25-75% of a new home, making this a more affordable option than buying on the open market.
Each month you repay your mortgage on the share that you have purchased, together with a subsidised rent. Then as you buy more shares, your rent will reduce until you own the property outright.
Whilst we will own the lease on your home, it's yours to decorate and maintain, just like with any other home purchase. It's worth mentioning here that certain homes and developments will have restrictions on what you can and can't do to your home - our team will make sure all of this is explained to you and that you are happy before you proceed with any purchase.
You can qualify for this scheme if your household:
• Earns less than £80,000 per year
• Does not currently own a residential property
• Can afford the costs associated with owning your own home
• Has no County Court Judgements or any form of debt relief orders
• Is registered with a Help to Buy agent
If you meet the above criteria, please Register your Interest on our website.
If you require further information about eligibility or about the shared ownership process please contact us. Alternatively you can find out more information by visiting the Help to Buy website.
- Can I get shared ownership?
- How do I apply?
- I want to buy the property I viewed, what next?
- What is meant by the term 'staircasing'?
- I'd like to buy shares in my home, what now?
- What happens to my rent payments?
- I want to staircase, what do I have to pay?
- I want to apply for Older Persons Shared Ownership, what next?
- How we allocate our plots