Snow updates: February 2019
1 February, 8am
Inches of snow have fallen across our region overnight as we all wake up to a blanket of white.
Our head office in Portishead (Martingale Way) remains open, however our iStation building in Weston-super-Mare is closed today.
We'll still be providing care services to customers throughout North Somerset and our repairs service will continue to operate as normal, but we'll update this page later today if this changes.
If you need us, get in touch in all of the normal ways.
31 January, 2pm
The Met Office has issued an amber weather warning for parts of the south west, including North Somerset, as heavy snow is expected later today and this evening.
Travel delays on roads are likely, with some delays to rail travel too. Power and mobile coverage may be affected.
We're continuing to provide our services as normal but we'll monitor the weather and update this page as necessary.
Public Health England has guidelines on how to handle the cold snap:
- look out for friends and family who may be vulnerable to the cold and ensure they have access to warm food and drinks and are managing to heat their homes adequately
- try to maintain indoor temperatures to at least 18°C, particularly if you are not mobile, have long term illness or are 65 or over
- stay tuned for weather forecasts, ensure you are stocked with food and medications in advance, have deliveries or ask a friend to help
- take weather into account when planning your activity over the following days
- avoid exposing yourself to cold or icy outdoor conditions if you are at a higher risk of cold related illness or falls
- discuss with friends and neighbours about clearing snow and ice from in front of your house and public walkways nearby.
You can get in touch with us in all of the normal ways. Stay warm!