Support for adult carers
We recognise that caring for someone can be very rewarding. It can also be very stressful and lonely, and can have a significant impact on your emotional and physical health and your financial wellbeing.
Many carers, whatever their age, reach a point at which they need help. But asking for help is hard. Whatever your situation, just get in touch with us and have an informal chat. We can help.
What we offer
We work with you to understand the impact of your caring responsibilities on your life. This can be a more formal process (‘a carers assessment’) or simply an informal chat. We offer:
- Information and advice
- Practical support to identify problems/find solutions related to your caring role
- Help to ‘navigate’ the system and ensure that you (and the person you care for) receive all of the help and support you are entitled to
- Access to financial help and support
- Opportunities to meet with other carers
- Support to understand your rights and choices
- Support to look after your own wellbeing
We also provide a dedicated support service for carers at Weston Hospital. We offer:
- Support to understand hospital services and processes
- Support to be consulted and involved in care provided to a loved one at the hospital
- Support to be consulted and involved in the planning and delivery of care services for a loved one before and after discharge