Skip to Content
Keys hanging from an open door.

Swapping your home

There may come a time when your home no longer suits your needs and you want to move. It might be too big, too small or you need to move to a different area or a different type of property.

If you're already one of our customers but would like to move, you may be able to do this by swapping your home under a mutual exchange.

A mutual exchange is a way of swapping your home with another public housing tenant. That is, another housing association or a council – anywhere in the country. You can use a mutual exchange to find a larger home, move closer to family, or to downsize.